TaggedZi's Urban Terror Oasis!
This is an oasis for information about the free FPS (first person shooter) Urban Terror, by Frozen Sands LLC. You will find my configuration guide, weapons guide, gear guide, and a map download area. Urban Terror is described by its developers as a Hollywood tactical shooter. It has some real elements such as weapons and stats that follow pretty standard rules. However there are things in the game that do not follow reality explicitly. You can perform some pretty awesome jumps, power slides, and fancy wall jumps to name a few.
This is a free (not open source) game that is a mod for the ioquake3 engine released by ID software (makers of such games as Wolfenstein 3D, Doom, Quake, and more) under it's open source license. Urban Terror can be downloaded free here.
It has a faithful following and seems to be gaining interest in the gaming community.
On this site you will find information that can help you configure your Urban Terror experience to your liking as well as weapon information that can help you make your weapon choices. I have put in place a map download area, but I do ask that you use my bandwidth responsibly. In the future I plan to add articles about game play, maps, and other interesting tidbits as I can post them.
- Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting for Urban Terror 4.1
- The Weapons Guide to weapons in Urban Terror 4.1
- The Gear Guide to Gear in Urban Terror 4.1
30 May 2011:
- Created the RCON Guide, for system admins.
- Removed Map Links from Side menu (as maps has been removed.)
- Corrections to Round 8 of the Configuration guide.
- Removed Links from Home page to Maps, as maps were removed. (Maps were removed because no one ever downloaded and it was taking up a large amount of my storage space on my website.)
- Corrected SR8 link to scope page, link was misspelled and resulted in a 404.
- Updated FAQ to reflect questions from real players.
25 Jan 2011:
- After a LONG break from the site. Work has started agian on the project. You will notice changes throught the site, and periodic updates. I am hoping to add a section for server and B3 configuration, as well as a few other things I've learned on the way. Welcome Back, and please contribute.
09 Nov 2009:
- Added cg_rgb description in Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting: Appendix B, and added it to Round 3: Characters and Appearance (Funstuff). (Thank you to Henry Marks for the data.)
08 Nov 2009:
- Discovered Error in demoPlayback.cfg that was causing some games to crash at resolutions lower than 1024x768. Patched demoPlayback.cfg
- Edited Round 8 of the Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting. Added corrected version of demoPlayback.cfg.
- Added SFX controls to demoPlayback.cfg
- Added Trouble shooting guide to Urban Terror to the site.
05 Nov 2009:
- Discovered 3rd Person view controls for demo playback.
- Updated Round 8 of the Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting to reflect the new data.
- Updated Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting: Appendix B.
- Wrote and posted the demoPlayback.cfg.
- Added section in Round 0 of the Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting to show how to backup configurations.
- Added 1 Screen Shot to Round 4 of the Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting
- Added Keys PRINT & SCROLLOCK to list of avaliable keys in Round 1 of the Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting
03 Nov 2009:
- Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting: Appendix B:
- Updated Demo, Screenshot, and AVI Recording commands along with syntax.
- Updated Round 8 of the Ultimate Guide to Configuration and Scripting; to reflect new commands I learned for playback and demo control.
01 Nov 2009: Added Round 8 to the Configuration guide. It is a simple guide on how to get screen shots, demos, and video recordings of your Urban Terror game play.
27 Oct 2009: Major site improvements. Completed HUD portion of Config Guide, Added MANY screen shots and updated many pages with more pictures.
30 Sept 2009: Added Gear Guide to the site.
23 Sept 2009: Added weapon images to individual pages and general information about the automatic weapons. Minor spelling corrections.
17 Sept 2009: I found a new more accurate way to calculate the rate of fire and reload times. I have done the calculations, and adjusted my stats to reflect the more accurate numbers. Sorry for any inconvenience with the previous numbers, I am always working to get better more accurate information. Check for updates often. Thanks
This file was last updated: "May 30, 2011, 3:38 pm"